Reducing your home’s energy bill has a wide and varied range of different benefits. From saving you money to improving your carbon footprint, reducing the amount of energy that you use at home can be simple and easy when you know how! In this guide, we will be outlining for you a number of different things that you can do in order to lower your energy consumption. All of the tips and tricks as listed below are straightforward and could yield great reward! An unexpected energy bill could push some people into a financial emergency if they do not have the cash to cover the cost readily available. This could lead many people to reach for a payday loan or a short term loan to help meet the financial demands. Remember, these loans should be used responsibly and should not be considered a reliable source of credit and researching energy-saving tips is completely free and could save you loads!
Be Selective with Your Use of Electronics
This is quite a wide suggestion and consists of many different things. Including:
- Be sure to consider purchasing new appliances with an A, A+, A++, or an A+++ energy rating. What this means is that the appliance in question will use electricity economically, sparingly, or it will use less electricity than similar appliances with a lower energy rating. This is particularly important when it comes to choosing the larger appliances in your kitchen, such as the washing machine and the fridge freezer. These two appliances in particular will use a lot of energy, especially the latter as it is always on. Therefore, picking the most energy efficient of the two that you could ultimately save you money on your energy bills in the long-term. The appliances that are rated A+++ can be expensive to purchase, so we could suggest that you choose the right balance between the overall cost of product and energy efficiency.
- With the appliances that you currently have, you could turn them off at the plug (and then remove the plug from the socket) if you are not using the device This will stop the device from using any electricity.
- Switching all of the lightbulbs in your home to energy efficient bulbs can (especially when you have a larger home ) have a very positive effect on your energy bill.
Heating And Insulation In Your Home
When considering your heating and insulation, it will be of surprise to many to learn that therein exists the potential for massive wastes in terms of energy usage. There are things that you could do in order to reduce these wastes, including:
- Investing in double glazing for all of the windows in your property could have a large impact on the energy efficiency of your home, which in turn could of course save you money in the winter and the summer. This is because double glazing helps to keep the heating of your home inside the home meaning that less energy is wasted. It can also help to keep the cold out of your home so that you do not need to spend as much money heating it! A further benefit is that it will reduce the noise from the outside.
- Draught proofing is an often overlooked tactic that could also reduce your energy usage and make sure that when you heat your home that heat stays in; whilst also keeping the cold winds out during the dead of winter. You could purchase draught excluders or draught exclusion kits that can be picked up online and when also employed around the home and used in conjunction with the sealing of cracks in your floors and in the skirting boards, and sealing any unused chimneys could have a big impact on your heating bills.
- Purchasing a brand new boiler is often something that people associate with stress and great expense. However, if your home is currently using a very old boiler with a poor energy rating, then you could be losing money each year on bills. Upgrading to a condensing boiler with a good energy rating, modern features such as a programmer, room thermostat and radiator controls are a great way to reduce your carbon footprint whilst also saving money each month.
- If you have never had your roof insulated, then this is something that you could investigate. A very large amount of heat is lost out of the roof each year and insulating it can be a great way to keep your heat in.
A final point in regards to the reduction of your energy bill is that you could shop around for your next energy quote. You could make use of price comparison sites, as there are many on the market today and each may be able to provide you with a better deal on your energy. If you do manage to find a cheaper energy provider and then proceed to follow just a handful of the above listed points of advice then you could see a large drop in your overall energy costs.
There are many companies that now specialise in helping people to swap their energy providers. Examples of these companies are as follows:
- Look After My Bills
They automate the process, so you do not have to do a thing. They also handle the switch from start to finish, including liaising with your current provider on your behalf.
Sites like Topcashback and Quidco offer you financial incentives for making this switch yourself, though bear in mind this process will require you to be more hands-on.
Short Term Loans From Wizzcash
Here at Wizzcash, we are a payday loan direct lender and are dedicated to responsible lending. This means that we are committed to making sure that we only ever lend to those individuals who are in a financial emergency, need an emergency loan or are currently in dire need of financial assistance and have exhausted all other available options for funding. Please make use of our short term loan application form to begin with your application, alternatively, before you apply you can learn more by visiting our dedicated short term loan page.